Thursday 20 March 2014

Hop Ottin' IPA

Brewery: Anderson Valley Brewing Company
Supplier: Beers of Europe

This is their all year round released IPA that "showcases bright citrusy aromas hops". I served this chilled. This post I had to do from memory as it got deleted before I could post it, so the descriptions aren't in as much detail.
Appearance: Dark brown which is amber when held to the light. An off-white head that thins quickly.
Aroma: Musky peach nose with hints of hop resin and cherry
Flavour: Light flavour with artificial cherry and a light matlyness, not much hop flavour present.
Body: A smooth body that may be just a tad under carbonated. 
Aftertaste: A harsh bitterness followed by a sweet malt and then a hint of burnt rubber

Overall: Therefore this gets a rating of 4, an average beer with a bad aftertaste, I do have a suspicion that this might be not the greatest of bottles.

Price Range: £3.39 for a 355ml bottle, too much in my opinion, but I would be interested in trying another bottle to see if it was just the one I had

Food Pairings: Something to mask the aftertaste but will still allow the front flavours to come through, I'm thinking Nachos.


No comments:

Post a Comment